Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Prosperity Gospel and other false teachings

Prosperity gospel has  been around for a long while, but lately it seems to be more common among the Evangelists. 
I will not name anyone in particular, but as the old saying goes if the shoe fits...
Here are a few of the topics I have seen and heard about being preached to the world.

God wants you to be rich.

Let's first look at what the Bible says about it, shall we?

 Mathew 19:24 : "And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."


Proverbs 23-24 Do not toil to acquire wealth; be discerning enough to desist. When your eyes light on it, it is gone, for suddenly it sprouts wings, flying like an eagle toward heaven.


Why is that? 

Mathew  6:19  Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

I think what the Bible is saying here is that the pathway to heaven is narrow and long. A person of wealth has aspired to do great here on Earth, but hasn't necessarily done the work of the Lord.  I am not saying money is evil as we need it in our society to live, but the love of money is evil. With money there come earthly power and less reliance on God, 

So does God want you to be rich? According to the Bible no. So that is a false teaching.

God is going to deliver you out of your financial  situation,


Not always, and I am going to tell you why. God doesn't always take away your burden, because he may have sent you a test. I love the saying " You can't have a testimony, without a test." He may be growing you for the future. So things don't always change when WE want them to. They change when HE wants them to. 

So what should you do? Pray, read your Bible and have faith. 

God will provide for you if you are faithful. However, God doesn't want you to sit around and wait for that check to fall from the sky either. 

Proclaiming Rapture dates and times


This seems to be a very common one nowadays since the world seems to be more uncertain than ever, more violent than ever and things really seem to be falling apart. Everyone on Youtube seems to have this special information. The inside scoop if you will. Let me a sure you as you are reading this that no one knows the time or date that the Lord will return. The Bible gives us signs to look for, and tells us what will happen, but there is no date given in fact this is exactly what the Bible says about knowing the time of the Rapture. 

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Do you know who said that? Not an apostle of Jesus, but Jesus himself said that. So why would a human know? Is he higher  than God in the flesh?

Jesus never claimed to be the Messiah

I think my head is going to  fall off.. lol Seriously? How could this be even taught? Ok so lets look at the Bible, because it is the source of truth. 


 John 4:25-26 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messiah cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. 26Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

 Mathew 16:16-18
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son ofthe living God. 17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. 18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; andthe gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

So I think that is plain enough right?


I hope you found this enlightening and helpful.





No comments:

Post a Comment